Thursday, June 30, 2016

Beautiful things.

I was walking home from work, almost to the door of our apartment building, when I saw Diana stepping out of the bakery.  We're not close -- we go to the same church and are friendly, but we don't actually know each other well -- and yet she walked over to me, beaming.

We greeted each other, and I asked her why she was looking so cheery.

"I've been reading the stories in the Bible of Jesus," she said to me, blushing and looking at the ground shyly.  "And I think I am falling in love with him."

It was lovely.  Diana, a shy and single woman who suffers from a serious skin condition, doesn't smile often, and when she does it's usually fleeting.  But here she was, grinning, her eyes sparkling, as she talked about her Savior.

Beautiful things.


No comments:

Post a Comment